I realised recently that I need to find joy again, in and of myself. Joy that is just mine.
So here are some of my suggestions: To me, from me.
- Take small moments of rest when you can.
- Listen to music (always fun – sometimes my little Panda positively rocks the road in traffic!).
- Enjoy the purring of a cat (or two at the same time, or even three or four, when you live in our house).
- Write more (doing it right now).
- Paint more. Pick UP that paintbrush and mix those paints!
- Follow your creative ideas.
- Read (this is an easy win, but oh so effective).
- Take time out with friends (you know who you are).
- Play with your dogs. Nobody does the ‘happy dance’ like Sasha, and nobody creeps onto a lap quite so well as Nickelback.
- Cook meals with meaning.
- Read to Liam and Matthew (we need a new series after the Narnia Chronicles now).
- Walk in the park – with or without dogs.
- Fix my bicycle and start cycling again.
- Enjoy chocolate and wine. Two of life’s great pleasures…
- Remember the restorative power of a facial!
- Make more effort with fashion, girlfriend.
- Don’t forget about movies, DVDs and the theatre. God bless the Minions… (and their creators)
- Embrace technology more and remind yourself that you are actually better than you give yourself credit for.
And sometimes… Just Be.